Machine City Engine Demo!
Here it is. It's about 8 megs. If you download it, make sure to tell me how it ran and what you thought!
This is an engine demo. It is not a game. It is playable, has some writing and graphics. It even has a "plot", if you want to be particularly giving. But it is not balanced, designed for fun, or anything of the sort. It simply showcases some of the capabilities of the engine, including memetic response (gross, rather than fine), cut scenes (noninteractive, at present), level design, and enemy design.
The graphics are various stages of alpha, the sounds are practically nonexistant, and the writing is just something I whipped up in an hour.
Feel free to explore the files I've put there. The basic things are save.meme, save.game, and save.opt. These are editable text files containing your memetic, mission, and option values. All the more advanced files can be found in the "data" directory. Largely, the "data/pack" directory. I've kindly included absolutely no documentation, but the files are awfully clear.
The large file size is largely because I'm using PNGs. I really need to figure out a better file type - JPG is vastly more efficient, but evidently doesn't support transparencies. There are also other inefficiencies. But all the optimization comes later.
There's also a few bugs. See if you can find them!
This is an engine demo. It is not a game. It is playable, has some writing and graphics. It even has a "plot", if you want to be particularly giving. But it is not balanced, designed for fun, or anything of the sort. It simply showcases some of the capabilities of the engine, including memetic response (gross, rather than fine), cut scenes (noninteractive, at present), level design, and enemy design.
The graphics are various stages of alpha, the sounds are practically nonexistant, and the writing is just something I whipped up in an hour.
Feel free to explore the files I've put there. The basic things are save.meme, save.game, and save.opt. These are editable text files containing your memetic, mission, and option values. All the more advanced files can be found in the "data" directory. Largely, the "data/pack" directory. I've kindly included absolutely no documentation, but the files are awfully clear.
The large file size is largely because I'm using PNGs. I really need to figure out a better file type - JPG is vastly more efficient, but evidently doesn't support transparencies. There are also other inefficiencies. But all the optimization comes later.
There's also a few bugs. See if you can find them!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home