Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wow!

Man, I sure get a lot done when I'm not running games. I've about half-finished a powerful backend to support adaptive complex card games!

Eheh... I never said I was getting a lot done on HMH...

Anyhow, I'm going where the passion is, at least for the moment.

5 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

You're one of those improvisational artist, like Jackson Pollack with code.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Craig Perko said...

Ha... I hope not.

I've got my legs under me again. Now, I've just got to finish a project.

Something small, to slam me into full gear.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New project, something small?

Run something completely deranged and fun at gaming weekend. Give yourself only a few hours to write up a complete game of some kind, and do it. Once the times up, don't touch it, just run it. Can be card game, board game, p&p, whatever. Then move on to something more important.

Other tips on productivity: Break projects up into really small pieces, impose dealines (self imposed deadlines are often just as effective as externally imposed deadlines on curtailing procrastination), and when you don't feel like you can do anything immediately useful for your project, plan out the current phase in greater detail (see suggestion 1: break into smaller chunks).

These are just random bits I've found handy from the 36 folders/mind numbing efficiency crowd.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Craig Perko said...

Well, no, that's the problem: I developed a bunch of in-person games and ran them. That's what kept me from programming.

I'm a good chunk done with a different little project, though. Keep your eyes on this blog, I'll release it here before a week is out!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I thought you were looking for a suggesstion on what to do to get yourself back on track.

Perhaps I'll take my own advice, though...

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home