Curious George... The Curious Little Mad Scientist!
So, one of the things about mad scientists is that they are very curious creatures. And when they see something they haven't seen before, they scurry over to take a look. I programmed this in for a sundry of really good reasons.
One of the things a good procedural algorithm will do is catch you by surprise. And this one did: I put scientists in, then brought up a menu to build a new room. And the curious scientists ran over to the menu to examine it.
I think I'll leave it in. It kind of encapsulates the tone I want for the game, to have scientists discussing the strange "menu" object. Debating it's worths and uses. What is it for? Is it an alien? A ghost? A relic from a long-forgotten civilization? What governs its comings and goings?
Hee hee... maybe I'll even make it something they can scan for and research to discover new technologies.
One of the things a good procedural algorithm will do is catch you by surprise. And this one did: I put scientists in, then brought up a menu to build a new room. And the curious scientists ran over to the menu to examine it.
I think I'll leave it in. It kind of encapsulates the tone I want for the game, to have scientists discussing the strange "menu" object. Debating it's worths and uses. What is it for? Is it an alien? A ghost? A relic from a long-forgotten civilization? What governs its comings and goings?
Hee hee... maybe I'll even make it something they can scan for and research to discover new technologies.


2 Comments:
lol! Maybe you should have them run away if you chase them with the mouse pointer.
I thought about letting them see the mouse pointer as well. It might be funny, but I think it might be too distracting.
Well, plenty of time to think about it and try various ways. Maybe they can "work up to" the mouse pointer by advancing their tech.
Post a Comment
<< Home